Thursday, April 28, 2016

Memento Project

Memento 
To have a memento of something is to keep the memory alive. I created mine on the combined memories from a large part of my life. I spent years in dance classes as a child and with said dance classes I would participate in performances and competitions.Since I was too young to really keep memories of the actual performances I only remember one thing in particular. I remember the costumes, the bright and flashy fabrics. My favorite as a child was a red and gold costume that was made with a traditional looking ballerina skirt. 
When creating this I used a large amount of red tool and two types of golden beads. The two sides of this piece have different types of beads, to give a bit of contrast. That would be my three materials. I wanted to recreate the feeling of those large skirts they used to have me dance in. 

in process photo:

Final product:






No comments:

Post a Comment